Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
You grant to the Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund (Tulane) the right of first publication of this submission and, if this submission is selected for publication by the Journal, you agree to acknowledge its initial publication in the Journal.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- You understand and agree that the Journal is an open-access journal released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-NC-SA) allowing noncommercial use and adaptations, with proper attribution and licensing under the same Creative Commons terms. The full terms of the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA license can be found here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/.
- You grant a license to this submission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-NC-SA), effective upon selection of this submission for publication by the Journal.
- You also grant to Tulane the non-exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute this submission in electronic format via the World Wide Web and to convert this submission, without alteration of the content, to any other medium or format for the purpose of preservation and/or continued distribution, effective upon selection of this submission for publication by the Journal.
- You represent and warrant that this submission is your original work and that you have the right to make these grants of rights to Tulane for yourself as well as co-authors, if any.
- You represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, this submission does not infringe upon any third-party’s copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- You represent and warrant that, if this submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright, you have (a) obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright holder allowing you to grant this license to Tulane and (b) have clearly identified and acknowledged all such third-party material within the text or content of this submission.
You represent and warrant that either (a) this submission is not based upon work sponsored or supported by any agency or organization other than Tulane or (b) if this submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by any agency or organization other than Tulane, you have fulfilled any right of review or other obligation required by any contract or other agreement with the supporting entity.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tulane and its employees or agents for any uses of the material authorized by this license in the event of a subsequent dispute over the copyrights to material(s) contained in this submission.
You agree that Tulane may keep one or more copy of this submission for purposes of security, backup, and preservation.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Tulane Review is an open-access journal, so articles will be released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-NC-SA).
Copyright © 2012 by the Tulane Literary Society. The Tulane Literary Society reserves the right to reprint the journal in part or in its entirety for publicity on the web and in print. All other rights revert to the author or artist at the time of publication. The Tulane Review acquires first North American serial rights.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.