Mollusca of the "Glades" Unit of Southern Florida: Part II List of Molluscan Species from the Belle Glade Rock Pit, Palm Beach County, Florida

Authors

  • Shirley E. Hoerle

Abstract

This report is a listing of 434 species collected over a period of five years, January, 1964 to January 1969, from a borrow pit south of the town of Belle Glade, Palm Beach County, Florida.  The material is believed to be lower Pleistocene in age.  Of the 165 species of Pelecypoda, 8 species of Scaphopoda and 261 species of Gastropoda only about 15% are extinct.  The remaining 85% are found living today in Florida and Caribbean waters.  Those species marked with an asterisk are thought to be extinct.

Downloads

Published

2017-03-24

Issue

Section

Articles